KaizenInspiredLife.com

Tips, tools, tricks and other fun stuff to help increase the flow of creativity in your life...pass it on...

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

ATTRACTING INSPIRATION

By now many people have heard about the law of attraction. Basically, where you put your attention, is where you will be. What you focus your full attention on, is what you will get. If you haven’t heard about this yet, I strongly recommend checking it out! There are hundreds of articles and books written on this subject as well as many DVDs available. I recommend “WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW” I like it because it doesn’t seem to step on any religious toes (in fact one person I talked to said that it actually strengthened her belief). I also found that it does not put an overly excessive amount of weight on material gain alone. It’s kind of like Quantum Physics for Dummies (don’t let the words quantum physics turn you off. It’s actually very entertaining.)



I think that we all instinctively know about the law of attraction. We use it all of the time! If I sit here thinking “I’m angry, I’m sad, I’m blocked, I can’t do this anymore” then that is exactly what and where I will be. But if I tell myself that I’m letting the spirit of creativity flow, in whatever direction it wants to (NON-JUDGEMENTAL) then that is what happens. And when it does, I cannot help but feel happiness. In this state, blocks do not exist!



I think that the reason why I’m writing about this today is because I need a serious reminder myself, a giant kick in the pants with the boot of inspiration. The truth is that I found myself, once again, off track, and needed to affirm and clarify (in my own mind) the truth of how things actually work in my life. This morning I was sitting at my computer thinking…”I’m all out. I have nothing to say. How can I do this week after week? I’m tired. I didn’t sleep well. Why am I doing this in the first place? I don’t think anyone really cares anyway. Or worse yet, maybe they think I’m somebody trying to be some freaky modern day prophet, better than thou, with all of this “Divinely inspired knowledge”. But of course on my end, I know that there is no truth in this. Wah, wah, wah. So why did these thoughts enter my mind? I don’t know for sure. I think it all started with an incident this morning that I just could not seem to let go of. From that point until now my day was on a downward spiral plummeting at the speed of light toward the ground, ready to crash and burn! But luckily, before the complete and total annihilation of my day occurred, a voice inside myself reminded me once again to walk the walk. Click, the light bulb turned on and I remembered.



Really, the reason why I write is to provide an ongoing reminder for myself to actually DO the things that I know work for me. It’s like a self affirmation…a reminder of the things I’ve uncovered along the way and lessons that I’ve learned. It’s a way to refocus my attention on the positive aspects of my life and the route to pure inspiration. If anyone else gets anything from my blah, blah, blah, then that’s a bonus, and I’m thrilled!



So what did this refocusing do for me today? It reminded me of the law of attraction, helped me to shift my attention to something positive and affirmed to me how the process of writing things down helps me to remember the tools that I know will help me to stay in the stream of inspiration. I guess that I’m not “all out” after all



THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY BLOG. IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS TO ADD, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO. YOU ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND POINT OF VIEW. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

No comments: